Monday, June 14, 2010

unable to install printer. the print processor does not exist

Ok obviously you are recieving this error upon the installation of a new or exisiting printer on your local area network, or heck it maybe connected directly to the PC. Well to fix this problem simply uninstall the driver, and then reinstall. You may be prompted during the hardware installation wizard to Use the Existing Driver (recommended) or reinstall the driver. Well, just reinstall it. This will remove, and reinstall the print processor associated with the service / printer.

To recap go to:


  • Start

  • Control Panel

  • Printer & Faxes

  • Add a New Printer

  • Start Hardware Wizard

  • Reinstall the Printer Driver (do not use existing)

  • Finish the Hardware Wizard

  • Test Print (if you like)

    Should you have any issues feel free to collaborate and post them here. Hope this helps!

  • 1 comment:

    1. I had faced this problem when I needed to print on my company printer.When I asked our network administrator they said that this related to my system issue but latter it solved.I don't know what they did.
      digital certificates

      ReplyDelete